Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"A.O.T.M" May- Junkyard Poets




Junkyard Poets.
 Junkyard Poets are a Christian Rock band hailing from Sherwood Park, Alberta. Earlier this year, they released their second album, "Mrs. Sophomore". Featuring twenty tracks, there is no shortage of potential stand out singles. Personally, "Fly Away" is a track that immediately jumped out at me. Be its catchy chorus or its genuinely crafted instrumentals, the reasons could go on and on. Often times, I'll catch myself humming along to it.

 The bonus track on the record, "You Gotta Love Somebody", is an artfully crafted seven minute piece that truly blew me away the first time I heard it. The lyrics are simple yet heartfelt, easy to relate to and to the point. Judging by the album cover, you would seem to think that a track such as this would be out of place.However, I am glad that I included it as it diversifies the album.

"Mrs. Sophomore" album cover.
 If you ever get the chance to see Junkyard Poets live, do it. You will not be disappointed. I got the treat of seeing them recently and that's what persuaded me to explore this band on a deeper level. They have a great, commanding stage presence and do an excellent job of interacting with the audience. Junkyard Poets are one of the few bands that actually sound better live as opposed to their record. They seem to take things to a whole new level and you can tell that they enjoy doing what they do, truly a talented band. I look forward to what they put out in the future and wish them nothing but the best. Buy their album, come out to their shows and support Junkyard Poets.



Connect With The Band:

Website: http://junkyardpoets.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/junkyardpoets




No comments:

Post a Comment