* I (Brett) met Ethan in a theater class and we each found out about the other's love for music. After that, we got together and jammed. Then I met Sandro at a composer showcase with his band (Itamar played in that band) and we got to talking. A couple days later I asked both Ethan and Sandro to play a show with me, and since then we started playing more shows. After a short break, we all got back together (I played a couple shows with Ethan during that time) to see what would happen. re-continue the band and see what we could make of it. We instantly clicked again and started really pursuing the band in early March. Shortly after, Sandro suggested that we give Itamar a try at guitar in the band and we all fell in love with his guitar playing and personality.
2) How did the band name originate?
* Our drummer’s sister, Kim, actually came up with the name while we were brainstorming ideas last year. Our band name to us represents the drive we feel inside ourselves to live life to the fullest. We believe in trying to do the impossible, so it fits us perfectly.
3) Who are some of your major influences?
* The Beatles stormed America in their first show by literally running across a field to the stage, plugging in, and playing their opening song immediately. Isn’t that incredible? Their drive and passion and masterful showmanship made them the sensations they became, and that story alone has helped to shape our approach to performance. We also really look up to bands like Kings of Leon, The Script, Weezer, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. All of them have put out powerful music that speaks to us on a personal level. That is key. If you’ve got good music, a good show, and a heartfelt passion for what you are doing, you have our attention.
4) What is your favourite venue to play?
* There's a venue in Hamden, CT called The Space and it's almost always a great time there, so that would probably be it.
5) You just released your first EP, “New Empire“. How long of a process was it to write and record the songs?
|Run On The Sun.|
6) What do you hope people take away from your music?
* A sense of hope and even a spark of ambition. But really, if anything, a good feeling. We strive to inspire and ignite people's emotions.
7) Where do you find the inspiration to write your songs?
* Love, peoples showing of passion, a need to retain hope/security, etc. Really anything that moves us emotionally weather it happened first hand to us or not can inspire our writing.
8) Do you have any advice for people thinking about forming a band?
* Yeah, never give up. There might be some moments where you feel like you're not getting anywhere. That's normal! Starting a band is no easy feat, but as long as you love what you're doing, have faith in your songs, and play with people who you consider as friends, you'll find a way to succeed.
9) Finally, is there anyone in particular you would like to give a shout out to?
* Our loving families, friends, and fans for getting us this far. We couldn't be where we are now without your support!
Connect With The Band: